Friday, January 20, 2006

[Mormons and Evolution] 1/20/2006 07:18:37 AM

Christian, love you man. Sometime in the last generation the church moved from having Bishops badger the youth about this to the current situation were they are asked the same question as married adults: “Do you live the law of chastity”. If we are in disagreement that that is a huge (and positive) change, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. In any event, I know BKP had nothing to do w/ the change, but I am most grateful to whoever did, for without it, I would have pulled my family from the church rather than have them subjected to the same harmful nonsense I was. While a believing LDS, protecting my family from psychological abuse comes first.

And come-on, you know my second point on the toilet paper and feminine products was a youth volunteering a private thing like masturbation to the Bishop would be akin to them volunteering that they prefer brand X toilet paper because of the way it feels……….. Some human experiences just aren’t normally volunteered to the Bishop. Do adults discuss sex toys, family planning or alternatives to intercourse with their Bishop?

And you are correct, my wife and I teach our kids that masturbation is normal healthy adolescent and single adult private behavior, part of reproductive health, preparation for a healthy and happy marriage, etc and should only be a concern if it becomes obsessive and they find it interferes w/ all the other things going on in their lives.

Things were so bad in the church I grew up in, I remember getting threatened with being sent home by my first MP in our first meeting after he asked me if I masturbate and if I had any homosexual tendencies. I wasn’t a freaking kid anymore, nor a virgin, and was so insulted that I flippantly told him off, “ I don’t know you. But if you really want to know, I’ve _____ _____ and ____ and love it, and I now know I need to wait for marriage. And if you ask me those questions again, we’re gonna have a fist fight.” Praise Jesus my kids can participate in the church w/o that abusive BS. You get your act together, volunteer to go on a mission, and a pompous MP ignores your sacrifice and dedication and asks in a first meeting if you’re a wanking homo! Makes ya wonder how many people the likes of BKP have chased from the church? Apostle of the Lord, my ___.

Again back to topic, BKP shamefully uses evolution as a Boogey Man. If that doesn’t make him a false prophet and someone to be ignored, we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

G-d bless

--
Posted by Steve EM to Mormons and Evolution at 1/20/2006 07:18:37 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home