Thursday, January 19, 2006

[Mormons and Evolution] 1/19/2006 11:21:32 AM

Hi Christian. We've exchanged comments on this before, and you’ve just made my point. As a teen, I joined the church (was born Catholic) and soon found out it was the CofJCofLDSof-the-Bishops-who-obsess-about-youth-self-pleasure. At 15, after becoming sexually active w/ my first gf and experimenting w/ drugs, I even had a Bishop who kept fixating on masturbation, when I had much bigger problems he seemed to ignore. Fortunately, I ended up finding Jesus on my own in spite of him. It seems we're both in agreement that that sorry church (the church of BKP) doesn't exist anymore: youth are no longer explicitly asked about this trivial subject. As for your challenge, just why would someone bring up a private matter to their Bishop w/ which they are comfortable? Do youth volunteer to their Bishops why they prefer a certain brand of toilet paper, feminine products, etc?

Back to topic, do you also defend BKP shamefully using evolution as a Boogey Man?

--
Posted by Steve EM to Mormons and Evolution at 1/19/2006 11:21:32 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home